Are you planning on publishing your form online for e-signing via Assently?
1. For a form to work with the e-signing in Assently, you need two things;
- The form needs to be in PDF.
- The forms fields and/or checkboxes need fillable fields. For this you can use Adobe Acrobat (or another PDF-editor)
2. To really optimize the user experience for the online customer filling out your form, you can also do the following;
- You can completely remove the fields for "city, date and signature" usually located at the bottom of the form, since this information will be collected with the e-signature.
- If you use e-identification as a signing method, you will collect the national identity number in the signing step. So if you want to save space in the form, you can also remove that field.
- The same applies to the e-mail field if you choose collect the customers email in the signing step.
- If you have the possibility, rearrange the fields so they are laid out in one single column, and use the full width of the document. This way, the form will be easy to read even on a smartphone or tablet with a small screen.
- Maybe you will also want to make the fields higher and the size of the text bigger. (We recommend Adobe or InDesign for edits of layout and text, but you can also make minor edits in Word if the original file is in Word-format.
- If you don't feel like using a PDF for your form, you might be interested in using our Smart Templates, a powerful tool that lets you create dynamic documents in HTML.
Good luck and don't forget that you can reach out to our support on +468207050 or email@example.com if you need any assistance!