It's easy to verify the authenticity of a document signed using the e-signing service Assently. You'll find the instructions on the last page of every e-signed case.
You can either upload the signed document (a PDF file) or enter the fingerprint that's present on the bottom of each page in the signed case. The fingerprint is a hash sum calculated using the SHA-512 algorithm, which always is 128 characters.
You can either
- Scan the QR-code on the receipt page and follow the instructions.
- Go to https://app.assently.com/case/verify
- Choose to upload the signed document (a PDF file).
You can also verify using fingerprint and type the long string of characters stated at the bottom of each page and the receipt.
Having trouble verifying a document?
- Make sure you use the signed PDF that you've downloaded from Assently. Any change to the document, however minor, is detected. You can safely rename the signed document without losing the ability to verify it.
- Make sure you enter the fingerprint as one string (without any spaces or line breaks), which is exactly 128 characters long. Make sure you are using the fingerprint for the case, found on the bottom of every page, and not for the individual documents that's listed on the top of the last page.
- Please contact Assently support by submitting a request or e-mail email@example.com with any questions regarding verification.