Recommendations for API users
API-keys are Agent specific
We recommend that you get the API-keys for an agent that you've provisioned specifically for your integration. The agent will need to confirm their e-mail address.
Example of agents
- Company <email@example.com>
- Customer Service <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Membership Services <email@example.com>
Cases are owned by agents
Note that all cases created in Assently are owned by the agent that created the case. This agent is the issuer of the case.
The issuer is exposed in the signature flow, as the sender for email from Assently (example: "Company via Assently"). If someone sends a question about the case or replies via e-mail to a system message, they are sent to the issuer.
Optionally, you can set another Agent as the issuer when creating the case over API. Refer to the API documentation about
AgentUsername for specifics.
Invite an API user
- Go to Account settings->Agents to invite an agent for the API-integration.
- Choose a role with the correct permissions. An Agent or LimitedAgent is usually sufficient.
- Open the confirmation email you've received and choose a password.
- Activate API for the agent. An API key an API secret is generated. The secret is only shown once, so save it in a safe place. The key and secret are both needed together when your integration are doing its API calls.