Assently now supports signing and identification using the QR code in Mobile BankID. This has been added as another step to simplify the usage and also strengthen the security.
By scanning a QR code in the BankID app, the user confirms that he/she is physically close to both the computer and the smartphone being used. The user will not have to enter his national ID number because it can be considered sensitive information. This also simplifies the signing as only the mobile camera is used, and not the keyboard.
This is how you sign with the QR code:
- Open a case on your computer that you wish to sign using Mobile BankID
- Klick the button to sign your case
- When the window for signing with BankID is presented, klick the QR code logo
- Start BankID on your mobile, klick the QR kod logo at the bottom
- The camera will start, point it towards the QR code on your computer screen
- You will sign/be autenticated as soon as the camera has scanned the code, in a matter of seconds.
Please note that you can only sign with the QR code when you do the signing on a computer, and use your Mobile BankID for signing.